Start with taking the first step, right!
The next major turn of your career begins with us. Our career development goals will be key in helping you improve your unique skills.
You can reply to one of our offers below or Register your CV with us today!
HEAD OF AUDIT MISSIONS
Societe Generale Ghana is one of the leading banks with 42-networked outlets across the country. As a subsidiary of Societe Generale Group which is present in 19 African countries, the Bank offers Universal Banking and insurance services to its clients. The Bank’s mission is to be the preferred banking institution and its values are Team Spirit, Responsibility, Commitment and Innovation.
The Bank is currently seeking to recruit an experienced individual who can perform second level controls, conducting investigations relating to all aspects of the business in order to ensure that SG Ghana’s operations, organisation and internal procedures comply with legal and regulatory requirements, customary business practice and compliance standards, internal rules and the business strategy determined by Executive Management, among other duties;
- identifying and assessing the operational, counterparty and market risks;
- making recommendations and following their implementation.
- verifying compliance with the internal rules, legal requirements and regulations;
- assessing the security of the transactions and IT system;
- assessing the quality of the risk portfolio and the counterpart risk management;
- assessing the efficiency of the permanent control environment;
- controlling the quality of accounting and financial information;
Under the authority of the Head of Internal Audit, the Head of Audit Mission leads the assignment and manages the team:
- leads the preparation phase;
- coordinates the diagnosis (risk assessment, definition of work programs and methodologies, preparation of the time budget);
- splits the works between the auditors and ensures deadlines are met;
- participates in the work;
- monitors the progress and the quality of the work of the auditors;
- organises the day-to-day training of the other auditors;
- acts as the main contact of the management of the audited entity;
- coordinates the preparation of the report;
- organises the preparation and the presentation of the conclusions and recommendations to the management of the audited entity;
- evaluates the auditors placed under his responsibility;
- responsible for following the implementation of the recommendations issued by the assignment;
- contributes to keeping the audit methodologies up-to-date.
- verifies the Permanent Supervision functions properly and appropriately, and protects the Bank against various risks.
- verifies that proper procedures, instructions, legal and regulatory provisions are being applied and, if necessary, propose suitable adjustments.
- assesses the quality of processes carried out for customers and other internal entities.
- verifies that Anti-Money Laundering procedures are applied.
- notes the infringements of the professional Code of Ethics.
- supports SG Headquarters General Inspection in receiving and updating action plans drawn up following audits.
- updates the relevant tools as promptly and regularly as required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
Candidate should possess:
- a Good First University Degree
- a professional qualification in CA(Ghana) or ACCA and membership of a relevant
- professional body
- working knowledge of branch operations and functions of all department and their interrelationships
- good Auditing skills
- computer literacy including computer auditing
- relevant management development courses
- additional professional qualification is an advantage
- good knowledge of the Accounting systems
- ability to use the SQL analysis
- in-depth knowledge of domestic and International Banking operations, Treasury operations, Credits operations and Risk control
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should visit the Bank’s website to upload their CV’s and a covering letter.
The closing date for submission of applications is Monday 28th January, 2019. Please note, that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.